[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: JBoss AOP thinking

stale.pedersen@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 14 19:42:33 EDT 2008

hi, ill try to answer a few of the issues/questions you have (i cant answer all of your questions so if there are others that can, please fill in :)
1. maven plugin:
its true that we do not have a mavenplugin for 1.5, the one in svn is tagged against the CR release and is targeted towards the 2.0 release. note that the aopcompile weaving is compatible from 1.5 to 2.0, so you could use the plugin and still run it on jboss aop 1.5.

2. build issue.
yes, regarding the dependency issue where the interceptors are located in a different module than the classes thats getting weaved i can understand your frustration. but atm i havent found any good solutions yet (if you have any suggestions please let me know, - do you know if aspectj have a way do to this?)

3. jboss aop & hibernate
yes, in the current 1.5 release there were a few issues, but afaik they are all fixed in svn.
4. debugging.
please elaborate. if you're thinking about debugging the weaving i personally think that the debug option is quite nice, its logging a lot, but then again you get all the info you need.
5. hot swap issue
yes, from what i can understand this is the issue with aop changing the code at runtime. have you tested this using compiletime weaving?

just to make sure regarding the startuptime with loadtime weaving. you minimized the target packages that was weaved to just those packages that had to be weaved?
eg. if the entities were located in com.foo.bar.entity, thats the only package that you included in the weavingoption? (and you excluded everything else?)

we are atm working hard on getting 2.0 out the door, we're tagging our last CR release atm (or it has already been tagged). there is a lot of nice stuff that we're very excited about and we have fixed a lot of the bugs that was reported in the 1.* version. we'll also try to add a tool to make it easier to compile and run aop programs.
we would also really like to update/fix/rewrite the aopplugin for eclipse, but it dont think anything will happen before 2.0.
hopefully we can help you with your issues and you'll continue using jboss aop :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4136842#4136842

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4136842