[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Persistence confusion in EJB 3.0 .........

sajhak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 15 16:15:24 EDT 2008

hi ,

i m new to EJB development .. the question im going to ask might be a dumb one , if so pls excuse me ....

the question is ..
Does entity beans are a replacement for relational databases or it provides a layer on top of the database ??
what is actually doing by an Entity Bean ( or persistence object ) ?
does it saves the entity into a database table or does it keep the information about the entity in the application server's memory ?

because , i tried several examples from several tutorials , but i couldnt find any one of them "writes" the entity into a database ....

but i think a relational database must involve in this case , cos otherwise it will be impossible for entity be persistent ..

so , how we can define the database that we need to use  ?? ( i need to use a MySQL datastore )

if i can get more help (regarding this prob) than this forum please give me the links of such resources ....

Thanks in advance
Saj

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4136909#4136909

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4136909