[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Completely confused JCA and Hibernate

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 17 06:38:57 EDT 2008

"gsniderJBoss" wrote : My apologies. I've searched and searched.  I'm confused about my current configuration for Hibernate.

  | Basically we use Hibernate.getCurrentSession() to 'get' and 'save' information.  We have CMT and an XA-datasource configured.
  |
  | Is Hibernate using any part of JCA for its work?  (the example mysql-ds.xml was in the examples\jca directory).  And if I want to use the WorkManager, what am I supposed to do?  Is there some default RA to use with JBoss that already works with the WorkManager?
  |
  | Here is the use case:
  | 1) stateless EJB inserts a record into table A:  (get the primary key from the insert)
  | 2) asynchronously do some 'work' that will use the PK from step 1 to insert into child table B
  |
  | The problem is
  | 1) TX1 is created for the insert
  | 2) TX2 is created by the WorkManager for the inserts into the child table B.  But TX2 cannot see the changes made by TX1.

How are you starting the asynchrounous call ?
So you would have flow like this
Start TX
Some Bussiness Logic
Invoke AsynCall ---------------------> Will continue
End TX
AsyncCall -------> Ends later .(This can't have control of TX as that is ended earlier)

Async Call should end before the END TX , then it would be useful.
So asnchronous does not add value here .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4137016#4137016

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4137016