[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - problems connecting to a Queue

jeuk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 17 13:32:18 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've got a weird problem with Messaging, I'm trying to connect to the queue from a standalone application and I'm getting "Failed to download and/or install client side AOP stack" which I cant seem to find the explanation of.

The description of the queue is:

The code I'm

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <server>
  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Queue"
  |       name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=TNB-Queue">
  |       <attribute name="JNDIName">queue/tnb/inbound</attribute>
  |       <depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
  |    </mbean>
  | </server>

the Code I'm using to connect is:

  |     public boolean setUpJMS(String server)
  |     {
  |         Properties props  = new Properties();
  |         props.setProperty( "java.naming.factory.initial","org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory" );
  |         props.setProperty( "java.naming.provider.url", server  );
  |         props.setProperty( "java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces" );
  |         System.out.println("Got Props, connecting to " + server);
  |         try
  |         {
  |             InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(props);
  |             System.out.println("Got IC");
  |
  |             connectionFactory = (ConnectionFactory)ic.lookup("ConnectionFactory");
  |             String sQueueName = "queue/tnb/inbound";
  |             queue = (Destination)ic.lookup(sQueueName);
  |             System.out.println("Got queue: " + sQueueName + " aka: " + queue.toString());
  |
  |             connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
  |             System.out.println("Got connection");
  |
  |             connection.setExceptionListener(new ExceptionListenerImpl());
  |             System.out.println("setExceptionListener");
  |
  |             session = connection.createSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
  |             System.out.println("Got session");
  |
  |             producer = session.createProducer(queue);
  |             System.out.println("Got producer");
  |
  |             return true;
  |         }
  |         catch(Throwable t)
  |         {
  |            System.out.println(t.getMessage());
  |            return false;
  |         }
  |     }

when running the app I get the following:

  | Server: 192.168.2.230 argsLen = 1
  | Starting:192.168.2.230 v0.1
  | Got Props, connecting to 192.168.2.230
  | Got IC
  | Got queue: queue/tnb/inbound aka: JBossQueue[TNB-Queue]
  | log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker).
  | log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
  | Failed to download and/or install client side AOP stack

and the second strange thing is that when I run the same code from the same machine JBoss is on (Red Hat Fedora 8), I get

  | Server: 192.168.2.230 argsLen = 1
  | Starting:192.168.2.230 v0.1
  | Got Props, connecting to 192.168.2.230
  | Got IC