[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Passing objects to JBoss Webservices

paparaoa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 18 00:58:19 EDT 2008

Hello,
I have got a web method in my webservice as follows:

  | @WebMethod
  | 	public Hashtable<String,String> getPointValues(@WebParam(name="pointList") List<String> pointList)
  | 	{
  | 		Hashtable<String, String> pointValueList = new Hashtable<String, String>();
  | 		for(int i=0;i<pointList.size();i++)
  | 		{
  | 	        pointValueList.put(pointList.get(i),getValueForPoint(pointList.get(i)));
  | 		}
  | 		return pointValueList;
  | 	}

I am making use of jboss remoting client to invoke the above method.
In the above method it takes argument as a list of string. I am forming a soap message and invoking the above method from my client as follows

Object response = remotingClient.invoke(soapmessage);

where the soap message is as follows:

  | <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:obix="http://obixservice/obix" xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  | <soapenv:Header/>
  | <soapenv:Body>
  | <obix:getPointValues>
  | <pointList>P003</pointList>
  | <pointList>P002</pointList>
  | <pointList>P004</pointList>
  | <pointList>P001</pointList>
  | <pointList>P005</pointList>
  | <pointList>P007</pointList>
  | <pointList>P006</pointList>
  | <pointList>P010</pointList>
  | <pointList>P009</pointList>
  | <pointList>P011</pointList>
  | <pointList>P008</pointList>
  | <pointList>P012</pointList>
  | </obix:getPointValues>
  | </soapenv:Body>
  | </soapenv:Envelope>

the getPointValues method mentioned above is expected to return hashtable.
But its returning a string containing soap message.

How do i make this method return a hashtable ?

Thanks
R.Naik

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4137263#4137263

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4137263