[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: use existing Users from an other system

gosub33 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 19 12:03:12 EDT 2008

I am working with the exact issue right now: that is, how do you implement users, roles, and permissions in jBPM without using the jBPM built in tables. Is that an adequate re-statement of your question?

In our situation, we have to pull user, roles and permissions (U/R/P) from an existing corporate system.

I know that I can change hibernate to NOT pull those tables, but this opens several questions:
1. If we use an external source for our U/R/P, can they still be used by JBPM to enforce swimlanes, etc.
2. Can we just point hibernate to external tables for U/R/P and still have it work?
3. Is the easiest way to do this use a third table to associate external and jBPM tables?

Thanks in advance...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4137819#4137819

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4137819