[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - ava.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundExceptio

northgorky do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 20 18:12:35 EDT 2008

reetings.

This starts as a database error in an EJB (a new Database Table can't be
found -- I messed up in my Database somewhere). But the then the JCache
gets into some kind of weird state, and you can't get ANYTHING out of
it, taking down the entire application.  Get ClassCastExceptions and
ClassNotFoundExceptions on any Cache Access after this point (some are
attached).  The ONLY way I have found to recover so far is to
cold start JBoss, as all access from all clients are failing at this point.

This also happens when a Servlet exception occurs when the Cache is
being accessed (and/or updated).  I can generate and post the Servlet
crash stack trace as well.

Oh yeah, versions;
Jboss-4.2.2.GA
JCache: 1.4.1.SP5
JDK: "1.5.0_11

steve at system:/usr/local/java/jboss-4.2.2.GA> java -jar
server/hrx/lib/jboss-cache-jdk50.jar

Version:        1.4.1.SP5
Codename:       Cayenne
CVS:            $Id: Version.java 4510 2007-09-26 18:45:19Z
manik.surtani at jboss.com $
History:        (see http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCACHE for details)
steve at system:/usr/local/java/jboss-4.2.2.GA> java -version
java version "1.5.0_11"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

Due to an application constraint, only one Thread would be accessing
(Read or Write, and mostly read) any given node at any time.  So I've
reduced locking as much as possible (I hope).

Stacktrace can be found at;
http://j2eeguys.com/~steve/JBoss/JCacheCrash.txt

Current config file can be found at;
http://j2eeguys.com/~steve/JBoss/hrx-session-cache-service.xml

Let me know if you need more details.  Log is attached.  Not sure what
else is needed.  I can even be persuaded to come out to Atlanta, if that
would be helpful.

Regards,
Steve

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138188#4138188