[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - Re: Old documentation published as JBoss 5

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 21 00:38:28 EDT 2008

"gt4431b" wrote :
  | To add some more thoughts to the original thread: What really impressed me in the past about JBoss was that you could just turn it on, and with a minimum amount of configuration it would just *work*.   This was never true for other app servers I've been forced to work with, like Weblogic, Sun JES, or (*shudder*) Websphere.  It may not be production battle-ready, but it will at least work.
  |
  | I'm now coming back to JBoss to see what's all involved in a major production outlay, and I'm struggling with *dev* issues.  This scares me a bit.  Most of this involves the lack of documentation, but it seems subjectively that it's a little bit more complex for the administrator now than it used to be.  Maybe it's my imagination.  (I seem to remember that documentation was well-available in the days of the JBoss 3 beta.)
  |
  | I was always a bit leery of the JBoss buyout, in terms of the quality of product that would be delivered ever after.  Does anyone know what's going on in JBoss's collective consciousness?

Remember, JBoss5 is still in a Beta stage. JBoss-4.2.2 is the latest stable  verison available and works with the same minimum amount of configuration that you would expect for JBoss. In JBoss5 there have been many changes to the core components because of which you are seeing these issues. Hopefully, once JBoss5 becomes stable, you can get it to work without struggling with the issues that you mention.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138229#4138229

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138229