[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - resource injection in WS handler not working in jboss JAX-WS

actonwang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 21 16:40:19 EDT 2008

hi,

       I tried to use resource injection in WS Handler as described in JAX-WS spec which is a MUST feature.

       I tested it in both Sun impl and Jbosss JAX-WS 2.0.x with Jboss 4.2.2. It is working well in Sun impl but not working in JBoss WS.

       here is the simple test. I am using web war as deployement, inside web.xml, I have the following:

   <env-entry>
     <env-entry-name>customFormat</env-entry-name>
     <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
     <env-entry-value>Path1: $PATH_INFO, Outbound: $MESSAGE_OUTBOUND_PROPERTY - $NODE</env-entry-value>
     <injection-target>
     <injection-target-class>testjaxws.handler.DefaultCustomLoggingWrapperHandler</injection-target-class>
     <injection-target-name>customFormat</injection-target-name>
     </injection-target>
   </env-entry>

inside DefaultCustomLoggingWrapperHandler class, I have:

    @Resource
    private String customFormat = null;

defined.

       It is never gets injected with this value no matter what I tried.

       Anyone could help to explain if jboss WS has implemented it or not? If   it is implemented, how should we make it work?

Thanks a lot!!
actonwang

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138368#4138368

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138368