[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - Re: Old documentation published as JBoss 5

gt4431b do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 22 16:43:36 EDT 2008

"PeterJ" wrote : When you configure JBoss Messaging to use MySQL, make sure you get the correct version of JBoss Messaging. When I went through the step to do this with beta4 I mistakenly used an incorrect Messaging version and spent most of a day scratching my head as to why it did not work. The misleading error message did not help. Anyway, JBossAS 5.0.0.beta4 uses Messaging 1.4.1.beta1.

  | The book JBoss in Action (http://www.manning.com/jamae), which is based on JBossAS 5.0, has a chapter on JBoss Messaging and describes how to set Messaging up to use a database. The example given in the book is specific to PostgreSQL, but the steps work equally well with MySQL (keeping the page count down prevented me from providing the steps for both databases, but the source code that will accompany the book handles both). And chapter 15 provides the rest of the steps necessary to switch from Hypersonic to another database.

Sounds like that's precisely the same problem I'm having.  Thanks lots for the assist!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138442#4138442

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138442