[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Problems integrating Jboss AOP in Eclipse

hou84 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 22 20:04:13 EDT 2008

Hello,
I want to use JBoss AOP with eclipse in order to prepare an aspect oriented application. The eclipse version that I have is "3.1.0 Eclipse SDK";
 I followed in word to the following instructions for the integration of jboss under eclipse:
 To install the JBoss AOP FDI in the same way as any other Eclipse plugin.
1 - Make sure you have Eclipse 3.0.x installed, and start it up.
2 - Select Help> Software Updates> Find and Install in the Eclipse workbench.
3 - In the wizard that opens, click on the "Search for new features to install" radio button, and click Next.
4 - On the next page you will need to add a new site for JBossIDE update. Click the "New Remote Site" Button.
5 - Type in "JBossIDE" for the name, and "http://jboss.sourceforge.net/jbosside/updates" or the URL, and click OK.
6 - You should see a new site in the list now called JBossIDE. Click the "+" sign next to it to show the platforms available.

But I stuck in the 5th stage; Eclipse screnn show the following popup:
      Network connection problems encountered during search.
      Unable to access "http://jboss.sourceforge.net/jbosside/updates.
      Unable to access "site: http://jboss.sourceforge.net/jbosside/updates"
      [Server returned HTTP response code: "404 Not Found" for URL:
      Http://jboss.sourceforge.net/jbosside/updates.]
      Server returned HTTP response code: "404 Not Found" for URL:
      Http://jboss.sourceforge.net/jbosside/updates.
      Unable to access site: "http://jboss.sourceforge.net/jbosside/updates"
      [Server returned HTTP response code: "404 Not Found" for URL:
      Http://jboss.sourceforge.net/jbosside/updates.]
      Server returned HTTP response code: "404 Not Found" for URL: "
     Http://jboss.sourceforge.net/jbosside/updates.

I tried to see "http://jboss.sourceforge.net/jbosside/updates", but the browser screen the error 404.
Does someone who can help me? Does another method to integrate "Boss AOP" in Eclipse?
Please help me.
Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138453#4138453

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138453