[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - UnknownHostException after successful connection to port 109

fljmayer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 24 13:20:03 EDT 2008

I am trying to connect to a JBoss instance on a computer which is not in DNS. When I try to look up an EJB, the initial socket on :1099 connects, but then it looks like JBoss returns <host name>:1098 and the client tries to connect to that. This results in an UnknownHostException because the host name is not in DNS. One possible solution would be to add the host name to the local HOSTS file on the client, but I am looking for a solution that doesn't require me to go to every client. Can I somehow tell JBoss to return the IP address instead of the host name?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138543#4138543

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138543