[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Multiple entity level join fetch

norad2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 24 17:28:20 EDT 2008

Say I have three entities, Owner, Cat, Kitten

  | @Entity
  | public class Owner {
  | 	private Integer ownerId;
  | 	private Set<Cat> cats = new HashSet<Cat>(0);
  | 	.
  | 	.
  | 	.
  | }
  |
  | @Entity
  | public class Cat {
  | 	private Integer catId;
  | 	private Set<Kitten> kittens = new HashSet<Kitten>(0);
  | 	.
  | 	.
  | 	.
  | }
  |
  | @Entity
  | public class Kitten {
  | 	private Integer kittenId;
  | 	.
  | 	.
  | 	.
  | }

I want to be able to run one query that will join fetch all owners, cats and kittens

If I wanted to get all cats for all owners I could simply make the query

  | select o from Owner o join fetch o.cats

I was trying to get the kittens at the same time with a query like this:

  | select o from Owner o join fetch o.cats join fetch o.cats.kittens

but that doesn't work.

What would be the proper syntax to go multiple levels deep in a join fetch?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138596#4138596

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138596