[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: QueueBrowser not returning anything in Enumerator

dovetail do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 25 06:30:40 EDT 2008

I presume you mean http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBMCantSeeMessages? Your suggestion for search returned nothing, so thanks for that.

The issue is that, when using messaging to distribute processing across the cluster, we would like to know when all the messages have been processed - implementing a fork/join in process-management terms.

I can understand that the queue is prefetched to the cluster members, and so the elements are unavailable to the QueueManager, and I can see that implementing the functionality required would involve querying each of the cluster members for it's state (in buffer, being handled etc), and that this may not be possible (or, rather, easy).

However, I would suggest that this is not an unusual scenario (fork/join is a pretty basic mechanism) and think that others would have a strategy to deal with this ... and was wondering if there were any suggestions?

All we are trying to do is solve a real world problem - a little less tersity would have been appreciated.

I will post a separate thread to try to get useful comments on this ... and maybe set up a wiki page for it?

tim

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138673#4138673

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138673