[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - lead time integration

Fredde do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 25 11:13:54 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

i'm currently working on a master thesis concerning the calculation and integration of lead time data into any given jbpm-based workflow-system.

I'm kind of new to jBPM but i've spent the last couple of weeks scanning the net and these Forums/Documentation to get an overview. The company i am working for has developed their own workflow-system for projects in the past but are now using jBoss jBPM only and I can certainly see why. ;-)

But:
>From what i know, BAM/BI functionality is not provided by jBPM in the current Version, although there have been some efforts in that direction. I guess they are still going on.

My Task (baked into a master thesis Project) is to create a solution for the missing but required aspect of lead time calculation and persistance and that leads me to the following questions:
- What status is the development of BAM/BI functionality in at this point and how far do you believe i can get with the functionality that jBPM offers in the current Version (timer/duration aso.)?

- one big issue will probably be the mapping of something i call LeadTime-Definitions onto jBPM-Processdefinitions. A LeadTimeDef. descibes which Parts of a Process should be taken into account, when calculating a Lead Time and which not. I was hoping to be able to add my own xml to the processdefinition.xml somehow, but oviously the designer (GPD) will cast a NullPointerException, when i insert custom tags. Is there a smart way to insert some sort of "meta-data" in XML-Processdefinitions without interfering with the GPD and the Deployment of the Processdefinitions? (perhaps changing the xsd?)

- Obviously im interested in any current project related to the subject. I'd be greatful for any reference to such a Project or Resource.

There are alot more thoughts and questions on my mind, but i think i should just wait and see if anyone "bites the hook" first. :-)

Thanks,

Fredde.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138756#4138756

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138756