[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: lead time integration

jbarrez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 25 11:41:53 EDT 2008

It depends on what your definition of 'lead time' is.

If you simply want the time from process start until process end, this information is stored in the database.

However, If you want something more complex, you'll have to program it yourself. In fact, this is a nice example in which you can build your own language on top of the PVM. But since the PVM hasn't reached maturity yet (companies don't like beta), I'll try to explain how I did this kind of measurements.

Do note that this is something I quickly made for a proof-of-concept, which is not yet tested in production:

- Setup a JMS queue on a JBoss server

- Define a custom ActionHandler that shoots an event to this JMS queue. In this event I provided a unique key (the processInstance id) and a process-unique measurement point. This way, we know at which point the processInstance arrived at the given point.

- Add a node to the processDefinition that uses the custom ActionHandler. Provide the unique "process-point key" as a property.

- Write a JMS queue handler to do something with the gathered data

This is a quite rude approach to your problem. I hope it gives you some ideas in the right direction

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138766#4138766

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138766