[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - EJB3 way of recreating Xdoclet's @jboss.audit feature?

smithmb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 25 22:54:25 EDT 2008

Hello folks,

Xdoclet has a feature where I can ask it to modify an entity bean with the correct last-updated time and last-modified-by user via the tag @jboss.audit (see the details at http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/xdoclet/tags/jboss-tags.html).

I'm trying to use an @EntityListeners entry to do the same thing. Unfortunately, I have *no* way of accessing the current context, so I can't pull out the principal from it! If the entity listener callback *were* a session bean, this would be possible, but it isn't! (Should I make it one?)

Here's how I'm stuck:

  | public class VOEntityListener
  | {
  |
  |         @PrePersist
  | 	public void prePersist(AbstractVO abstractVO)
  | 	{
  |                   // how do I get the session context?
  |         }
  | }

@Resource private SessionContext ctx;
or injecting session beans with @EJB doesn't work!

The only thing with access to the context is a session bean, and I'm not even sure I *can* make a session bean into an entity listener. Please help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138845#4138845

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138845