[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Transaction commit-option question

itayby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 26 08:27:39 EDT 2008

Hi

I have a clustered JBOSS 4.0.4 server deployed with EJB 2.1 using MySql Database.
My commit-option is set to A
I want to add a new entity bean that will be updated/inserted/deleted a lot.
In the documentation it says
anonymous wrote : "Currently there is no distributed locking capability for entity beans within the cluster. This functionality has been delegated to the database and must be supported by the application developer. For clustered entity beans, it is suggested to use commit-option B or C in combination with a row locking mechanism."
My question is can I set the commit-option to B only on the new entity bean, and have all other beans stay at A?

Thanks, Itay

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138945#4138945

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138945