[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Authentication of producers & consumers in jboss messagi

subrata_jboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 27 08:21:44 EDT 2008

it worked.
you need to change three file.

messaging-users.properties and add
# user=role1,role2,...
ConsoleUser=password

messaging-roles.properties and add
# user=role1,role2,...
ConsoleUser=ConsoleAdmin

and destinations-service.xml and add
<mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.QueueService" name="jboss.messaging.destination:service=Queue,name=ConsoleUser" xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Queue-xmbean.xml">
<depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer
jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice

createConnection() wont work if client and jboss server in different machine as queue is associated with role(which is fine).here you
need to say createConnection("Consoleuser","password");

but if client and server in the same machine createConnection() works.
which is not desirable.Dont know if it is a bug ?

Any way my requrement is working , so i am happy.(i.e client and server is in different machine)

Actually i was trying to run client and server from my machine , so it was not working.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4139240#4139240

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4139240