[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - How to share session across subdomain

Matthew Brasier mbrasier at redhat.com
Fri Mar 28 08:40:32 EDT 2008

To share the session between two domains, you need to scope the session
cookie to mysite.com, rather than www.mysite.com or secure.mysite.com,
in JBoss 4.0.4 CR2 and above, you can do this with the Tomcat SSO valve,
see http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SingleSignOn

I am not sure if you can do it in 4.0.3.

Matt

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 08:27 -0400, manishrathii wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I had a problem where I wanted to share session state between http and https pages (example between http://www.mysite.com and https://secure.mysite.com). Naturally, in this case, the webserver will give you a different session id because the session id is bound to the domain.
>
> How can I share the session across different subdomain or all child domains ?
>
> Is there way to set cookie domain in jboss
>
> I am using jboss 4.0.3 version
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated.
>

> View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4139643#4139643
>
> Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4139643