[jboss-user] Hello, and a question (of course) :-)

John Zorko jmzorko at mac.com
Fri Mar 28 19:03:53 EDT 2008

Hello, all ...

I'm new to JBoss -- i'm a longtime C++ developer who has just
inherited a J2EE codebase when the developer left.  I've done some
Java before, so I volunteered to maintain it (mistake #1), but the
last time I did Java was 2001 and it wasn't using beans or anything.
I'm hopeful that i'll learn a lot more about this as I work with it
more.

That being said, i've an issue i'm trying to solve.  I have 2 JBoss
apps (called RMs) that talk to a central JBoss app (a broker) via
JGroups.  RM #1, running on one host, successfully talks to the broker
app.  RM #2, running on another host, does not.  The error messages in
RM #2s log look like this:

2008-03-28 15:29:11,881 WARN  [org.jgroups.protocols.pbcast.GMS] merge
2008-03-28 15:29:11,881 ERROR [org.jgroups.protocols.pbcast.GMS]
coords or merge_id == null
2008-03-28 15:29:11,881 ERROR [org.jgroups.protocols.pbcast.GMS]
coords or merge_id == null

I've done a lot of searching and haven't found much that describes how
to fix this.  I've also gone through a lot (though not all, there are
dozens of them, many with dozens of params / attributes) of the beans
via the jmx-console, comparing the RM that does talk to the broker
with the RM that does not.  So far, i've not found any differences.

Any help would be _greatly_ appreciated :-)

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
http://www.fallingyou.com