[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - jboss 2.4 ga on a celeron 2008/512Mb ok ???

je.a.le do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 29 10:29:14 EDT 2008

I look everywhere and I couldn't found the minimal hardware requirement for jboss (well, there one for 2003 with celeron 1G/128Mb !! don't think it apply anymore :-) )

I could rent a celeron 2008 with 512Mb, unlimited trafic for less than 150€/year, so it looks like a good bargain for a personal site.

I'm not looking at a 1M hot/day server so speed is not really and issue :-) ; what I not really sure about is if jboss wont crash with this configuration.

on this server I'm planning to use of course linux, only jboss (ejb/jsp/dwr), jackrabbit, jbossportal and a minimal mysql db. Only one domain. No apache, No php. No remote access, no web services, so I probably will switch it on minimal configuration.

At office I have a jbossportal install on a P4/512Mb that works for month but we only use it for theme/css test

What do you think ?? will jboss works or will it crashes every 5min ????

Thks in advance for any advices

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4139832#4139832

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4139832