[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: How does -test project reference dependent libraries?

max.andersen@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 31 03:23:00 EDT 2008

"cpopetz" wrote :
  | (1) I'm using junit rather than testng, because the latter's output leaves much to be desired, and we have testing tools that work with junit's xml output.  Junit respects the "Exported" checkbox set in the the "Order and Export" section of the Java Build Path.  Testng must not.  Because if I don't check to export the EAR directories to dependent projects in the build path for the WAR, then the tests running from the test project don't find the ear directories.  The jboss tools don't check this box by default.

This is disturbing if true ;(
But testng must really be doing funny things to get the classpath if it gets *more* than what junit does. Could you help us by reducing this to a simple testcase and submit it towards the testng project and show the diference in behavior ?

note: you can see the actual used classpath by right clicking on the process in the debug launch view and select Properties.

anonymous wrote :
  | So I guess what I'd like to see:  The test project is testing dependent EJB modules and the WAR module.  The latter both pick up Utility Jar dependencies through Manifest.MF and EarContent, via that whizzy "EAR Libraries" thing.  It would be nice if the test project did that as well.

This is what actually should just be happening....could you create a minimal testcase/project and submit it to jira so we can be sure we are actually doing the same thing ? Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140000#4140000

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140000