[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Exploded jar containing persistence.xml with jar-file el

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 31 06:08:15 EDT 2008

"jwenting" wrote : no, I'm saying that the way JBoss does things (i.e. disallowing you from accessing the resources in one application in another unless they're packed together in an ear-file) is correct.
  | That's the way things should be, hacking around that restriction is a bad idea.

Well, the usecase that i have considered here is a single application packaged as an EAR containing multiple jar files with persistent entities. JPA spec allows you to package the entities in multiple jars and specify the relative URL in the persistence.xml (as in the example that i posted). The problem here seems to be just an implementation oversight in parsing the relative URL rather than a deliberate design decision.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140064#4140064

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140064