[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Cannot instantiate class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingCont

JuliaF do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 31 17:59:16 EDT 2008

Many thanks, jaikiran, for your reply. Indeed the issue comes down to a missing librairy.

I checked the link you gave, which was very helpful, but unfortunately I still failed to resolve the problem

I tried several variants of the client's MANIFEST.MF

a)
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Class-Path: beans.jar jndi.properties %JBOSS_HOME%/jbossall-client.jar
Main-Class: lemonpress.client.SimpleSessionClient

b)
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Class-Path: beans.jar jndi.properties C:/jboss/jbossall-client.jar
Main-Class: lemonpress.client.SimpleSessionClient

c)
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Class-Path: beans.jar jndi.properties lib/jbossall-client.jar
Main-Class: lemonpress.client.SimpleSessionClient

(all fererenced files are physically at those locations and the new line added at the end of MANIFEST.MF)

Yet, in all cases I am getting the deployment error:
*** DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Name -> Error

vfsfile:/C:/jboss/server/default/deploy/simple_session.ear -> java.io.IOException: invalid manifest format
--------------------------------------
more specifically:
22:14:17,015 WARN  [VFSStructureBuilder] Error populating deployment vfsfile:/C:/jboss/server/default/deploy/simple_session.ear
org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error populating context vfsfile:/C:/jboss/server/default/deploy/simple_session.ear
        at org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:49)
        at org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractStructureBuilder.populateContext(AbstractStructureBuilder.java:144)
        at org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractStructureBuilder.populateContext(AbstractStructureBuilder.java:83)
        at org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractStructuralDeployers.determineStructure(AbstractStructuralDeployers.java:89)
        at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.determineStructure(MainDeployerImpl.java:743)
        at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.addDeployment(MainDeployerImpl.java:280)
        at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.addDeployment(MainDeployerImpl.java:237)
        at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.loadProfile(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:244)
        at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.start(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:131)
        Caused by: java.io.IOException: invalid manifest format
        at java.util.jar.Manifest.read(Manifest.java:193)

Would you be so kind to let me know what is wrong with my classpaths?

Also when I add all 11 libraries to the classpath in the manifest
I get a different kind of deployment error
*** DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Name -> Error
vfsfile:/C:/jboss/server/default/deploy/simple_session.ear -> java.io.IOException: line too long

This is worrying because assuming that my application grows I will probably need more libraries on the classpath
Is there the way of circumventing this limitation?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140283#4140283

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140283