[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Web application logging

dciarnie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 1 12:44:51 EDT 2008

I am porting a web application from a Tomcat 4.1.18/JBoss 3.0.7 combination into JBoss 4.2.2.  The application works fine but I would like to send the log output to a file other than server.log.  With Tomcat 4.1.18, I was able to specify a log file by adding a "Logger" element to the application's context file in the webapps directory.

  | <Context ...>
  |   <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
  |           prefix="myapp." suffix=".txt"
  |           timestamp="true"/>
  | </Context>

How can I accomplish the same thing with JBoss 4.2.2?

Thanks,
Dan.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4148146#4148146

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4148146