[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: integration with JBoss Rules engine?

mpopova do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 2 16:02:20 EDT 2008

Great, thanks a lot for the answer.
I just want to clarify one thing: so, basically, you are saying that it is possible to modify the workflow process definition at run time, yes?

Indeed, this is exactly what I am looking for - to be able, at any point in the execution of one process instance , to modify the rest of the workflow process instance based on the input from , for example, a rule engine.

A good example of this functionality is an Out-Of-Office rule - at each approval step (process node), before sending a notification for approval to the approver, check whether he is out of office, and if so - replace this approver with a new one and possibly modify the rest of the approval chain as well.

Thanks
Marina

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4148449#4148449

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4148449