[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: EJB3 & SSL not working in JBoss 5 Beta3?

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 6 03:32:17 EDT 2008

Javid,

Please see this thread  http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=131072 where the same issue was reported for version 4.2.2.
anonymous wrote :
  | 14:36:15,468 ERROR [ServerThread] Worker thread initialization failure
  | java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
  |         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
  |         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:
  | 39)
  |         at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorIm
  | pl.java:27)
  |         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
  |         at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.createServerSocketWrapper(ServerThread.j
  | ava:720)
  |         at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:368)
  |         at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:166)
  | Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Socket Closed
  |         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.setOption(PlainSocketImpl.java:201)
  |         at java.net.Socket.setSoTimeout(Socket.java:988)
  |         at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.setSoTimeout(SSLSocketImpl.java:1971)
  |         at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.SocketWrapper.setTimeout(SocketWrapper.java:85)
  |         at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ClientSocketWrapper.createStreams(ClientSocketWrapper
  | .java:168)
  |         at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ClientSocketWrapper.(ClientSocketWrapper.java:66)
  |         at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerSocketWrapper.(ServerSocketWrapper.java:46)
  |         ... 7 more

The exception stacktrace that you posted looks very similar to what is posted in the other thread. See my comment dated  Mon May 5, 2008 12:21 PM in that other thread. Your logs on the client also show that you are passing the keyStore and keyStorePassword as arguments:

anonymous wrote : [echo] java -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStrore=c:\jbia-src\ch07\target/keystore/client.truststore -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=clientpass com.manning.jbia.Client

This looks incorrect. Instead, the trustStore and trustStorePassword need to be passed as arguments from the client. See my comment in that other thread and also this document http://docs.jboss.org/ejb3/app-server/reference/build/reference/en/html/transport.html which describes how to create the trustStore and pass it as an argument from the client.

Let us know, if this works for you (i haven't yet tried this on JBoss-5 Beta).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4148743#4148743

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4148743