[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - jboss-client.jar really needed for Tomcat?

henk53 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 7 12:29:30 EDT 2008

Hi,

Sorry for this question which is probably extremely basic, but I'm just trying to understand what's going on under the hood.

I have a servlet running inside a standalone Tomcat 6.0.14 instance. From this servlet I would like to connect to a Jboss 4.2 EJB container to either send a message to a JMS topic, or to retrieve an EJB bean.

Since Tomcat already provides a JNDI implementation, I wonder whether I -have- to include the jbossall-client.jar in order to obtain a directory connection to Jboss from Tomcat, or whether I can somehow configure something so that new javax.naming.InitialContext(...); transparently resolves to the directory service operated by Jboss.

The catch is of course to do this without including jbossall-client.jar to the web application running on Tomcat.

Would this be possible?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149192#4149192

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149192