[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Do the JBoss Tools for SEAM work?

wiggy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 7 17:32:12 EDT 2008

hokay -

not entirely sure what you have going here - but i see in the error something i have experienced in windows.

Sometimes if you build a new seam project usingt the wizard (do a simple helloo world ear app) and have a look in the eclipse project earContent directory you will find a bunch of jar files that the builder puts there.

bizarely I find that when you deploy the ear (it deploys in exploded format if you use the jboss tools install ontop of eclipse) - it copies the ear structure into the jboss/server/default/deploy directory in exploded format (assumes you have accepted all the standard defaults when defining your jboss server and seam runtime config for the project when you first went thru the wizard.

however what i often find is that the jar files in your top level EarContent directory do Not get deployed to the server.  Cant figure out why this does this.  one of these jars in the jboss-seam.jar that your trace moans about.

If you then manually copy the jar files in explorer to the same place in the deploy directory - then the deployer detects the paste and it normally then successfuly deploys - at least it does for me.

however i've had another problem - where an app i have built has stopped copying the application.xml in the META-INF directory for the ear - and i have no easy past this - cant figure out why it doesnt deploy - its in the source folder in eclipse project.

as for your note

anonymous wrote :

  | Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: User-specified log class 'org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger' cannot be found or is not useable.

this is usually found in the commons-logging.jar which for me in the the server/defualt/lib directory.  This is usually resolved at compile time by ensuring your server runtime libraries are added to the project in the eclipse build. - if you open the runtime library list in the package explorer (Left hand side) in eclipse.

check you have the right runtime library set configured for your eclipse project and check your default/deploy/lib directory has the commons-logging jar there.

 i have not had a problem with logging myself

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149235#4149235

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149235