[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Application User Database

skarlovic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 8 04:37:14 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm rather new to Portal. We are building an application and trying to decide where to store the users and roles. We are going to use a database, however, we are contemplating whether it should be separate from the jbossportal default database,... or are all users of the Portal to exist in this database? We would like to authenticate against a different database but we don't want to lose any of the inherent Portal security and preferences features.

What are the differences, in functionality, for one application, of storing users and roles in the default jbossportal database or another one? I see there are many other tables in the Portal database, if I separate out a user and roles tables, am I losing any functionality/features?

Thanks,
Steve

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149356#4149356

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149356