[jboss-user] JBOSS CLuster Performance TCP vs. UDP

M Wagad wagad at hotmail.com
Sat May 10 17:52:57 EDT 2008

We have 2 nodes jboss cluster for Enterprise Application. It is currently using default UDP, we have done a test, where we turned off the slave node and make the load balance 100 to the master node, The Application performance was much faster and we received less user complains, then we turned on the slave node and change the load balancing 50/50, The Application was slow and user complains were triple the prev week when we had one master node. so the question I want to ask is which protocol is better suited TCP vs UDP in an JBOS Cluster Environment that have less than 4 nodes?

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

M. Wagad