[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Instance Level Portlet Preferences in Mysql

jdestef do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 14 12:00:55 EDT 2008

Ok, here is the problem.

org.jboss.portal.portlet.InvalidPortletIdException: Cannot configure producer offered portlets
org.jboss.portal.portlet.state.producer.ProducerPortletInvoker.setProperties(ProducerPortletInvoker.java:538)

I looked at the ProducerPortletInvoker code and found this:

  |       //
  |       if (context.isStateful() == false)
  |       {
  |          throw new InvalidPortletIdException("Cannot configure producer offered portlets", portletId);
  |       }

So I started looking in the database and found JBP_INSTANCE and JBP_PORTLET_STATE. All the new instances that came with the portal worked fine, All the ones I created threw the above exception. The difference was the PORTLET_REF column in the JBP_INSTANCE table.

Mine had "local.news.RSSNewsPortlet" as the PORTLET_REF, and the default instances had local._7.

The "7" represents the primary key of the JBP_PORTLET_STATE table.

So I changed my PORTLET_REF to local._7 and it worked.

Is this is a bug?

thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150808#4150808

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4150808