[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Problem regarding renderURL param

je.a.le do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 22 04:55:49 EDT 2008

with plain jsp i don't know, but using a little trick inside the portlet do view you could.

the problem is from the processAction / doView method. doView keep renderParam (set in processAction), therefore, render 'old' data when switching back using the tab button. Unfortunately ActionRequest doesn't allow us to remove a renderParam - That would solve the problem - I tried using Attributes, properties but none seem to work.

The 'trick' I'm using in a similar problems is to pass param from processAction to doView using... session ! yes, it's quite dirty. Sample :

  | public void processAction(ActionRequest request, ActionResponse response) throws PortletException, IOException {
  |
  | 	PortletSession session = request.getPortletSession(true);
  | 	if (session != null) {
  | 	    String todo = request.getParameter("articleedit_todo");
  | 	    session.setAttribute("todo", todo);
  | 	}
  | //......
  | }
  |
  |  public void doView(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response) throws PortletException, IOException {
  | //.......
  | PortletSession session = request.getPortletSession(true);
  | Object todo = session.getAttribute("todo");
  | 	session.setAttribute("todo", null);
  | 	if ((todo == null ? "" : todo.toString()).compareTo("goedit") == 0) {
  | 		getPortletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/WEB-INF/jsp/articles/ACAdminArticleEditPortlet_view.jsp").include(request, response);
  | 		} else {
  | 		 getPortletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/WEB-INF/jsp/articles/ACAdminArticlePortlet_view.jsp").include(request, response);
  | 		}
  | }
  | }

A+