[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - EJB timers, server restarts and AOP

f.baronti do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 23 04:54:12 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have a problem which spans the three topics in subject.
I have some stateless EJBs which use AOP for some tasks. I'm then using the EJB Timer to schedule some tasks.
All is fine if the timer fires when I have already used the stateless EJB.
However, if I set a timer, shut down and restart the server, then just wait for the timer to fire, it behaves as the called stateless EJB did not have AOP enabled: no aspects are called, just directly the timer function. This happens not only in the function called by the timer, but also later, if I call the same EJB for other purposes. It looks as the whole EJB was loaded with no aspects.
I'm using JBoss 4.2.1 (same problem on 4.2.2 though), and AOP 1.5.6. Apart from timers, everything else works fine.
Any clues on this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4152903#4152903

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4152903