[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Session replication - expiration

gjwilk01 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 23 09:20:29 EDT 2008

We have a clustered deployment environment with several nodes replicating HTTP sessions across the cluster.  If the values stored in session don't change over period of time, hence there is no replication taking place, what will be the lifespan of replicated sessions on the nodes not being hit?

Scenario:
My cluster consists of nodes A, B and C
Node A receives the original request and stores some values in session.
Session update on Node A triggers replication of sessions to Nodes B and C
Subsequent requests do not cause updates to the values stored in session.
By chance, all of the subsequent requests are sent to Node A, which keeps the http session alive on this node.
Will the replicated sessions be maintained on Node B and C, even though session expiration period was reached?  I guess what I am asking about is  whether session replication takes care of keeping replicated sessions alive?

Thanks in advance,
~george

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4152963#4152963

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4152963