[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Eclipse + JBoss Debug Mode issue

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 29 05:08:50 EDT 2008

"nameghino" wrote :
  | How can this be done? Does this have anything to do with remote debugging?
  |
  | Still, I'm trying to figure out the reason why this happens, but can't seem to get anything clear.

Throughout this thread, i was always thinking that we were discussing about "Remote Debugging" through (plain) Eclipse. Here's how attach a debugger through Eclipse:

1) Edit the run.bat file of JBoss to use the following debug options (note the suspend=n option, this tells the server not to wait till the debugger attaches itself to the server ):

set JAVA_OPTS=-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n %JAVA_OPTS%

2) Start the server from the command line, using the run.bat file.

3) Once the server has completely started, i go to my (plain) Eclipse project and create a new "Remote Java Application" debug session (if it's not already created). In the "Port"  text box i specify 8787 (the same as what i have in the run.bat). Then click on Debug.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4154195#4154195

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4154195