[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: -b 0.0.0.0 is behaving one way on Test machine and anoth

rdaly do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 30 12:16:42 EDT 2008

PeterJ:

Navigated to the jmx-console on test and qa.  All of the properties were the same in both.  The properties that contained server names all had the correct server names.  No localhost or 127.0.0.1 were found.

Perhaps re-stating my issue will help...

I run the same script on test and qa servers:
run.sh -b server.name.com -c messaging -Djboss.bind.address=0.0.0.0

On test, my console shows the hostname with the following lines:

08:55:01,852 INFO  [ConnectionFactory] Connector bisocket://balin.flpi.com:4457 has leasing enabled, lease period 10000 milliseconds

On qa, my console shows 127.0.0.1 with the following lines:

08:50:41,437 INFO  [ConnectionFactory] Connector bisocket://127.0.0.1:4457 has leasing enabled, lease period 10000 milliseconds

This server name value is supposed to come from the value of "serverBindAddress" in the remoting-bisocket-service.xml.  Out of the box (and currently) this value is ${jboss.bind.address}.  When I try to hard-code it instead, the ports become blocked to remote connections.

Thanks again for your efforts.  I do appreciate it.

Rich

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4154728#4154728

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4154728