[jboss-user] [Remoting] - JBoss Remoting on JBossAS4.2 usage

riizzz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 3 01:40:48 EST 2008

Hi, newbie here.
I am currently trying to develop swing application that connect to JBossAS.

on the server side i have

  | @Remote
  | public interface PersonManager {
  |   Person getAllPerson();
  | }

on client i have

  |             Context context;
  |             Properties prop = new Properties();
  |             prop.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  |             prop.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  |             prop.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"jnp://localhost:1099");
  |             context = new InitialContext(prop);
  |             PersonManager pm = (PersonManager)context.lookup("MyApp/PersonManagerImpl/remote");
  |             List<Person> l = pm.getAllPerson();

so far, it works. I am able to retrieve list of person i wanted. Now, assuming i need to retrieve list consist of thousands object, that would take quite a time in high latency and slow bandwidth.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4186295#4186295

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4186295