[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: advice needed, simultaneously active tasks where there i

rossputin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 3 04:23:42 EST 2008

Hi,

reading the snippet again, which Salaboy21 posted in an earlier post, I must confess to having difficulty grasping the difference between signalling and blocking tasks...

  | Task instances can be signalling. A signalling task instance is a task instance that, when completed, can send a signal to its token to continue the process execution. Task instances can be blocking, meaning that the related token (=path of execution) is not allowed to leave the task-node before the task instance is completed. By default task instances are signalling and non-blocking.

It looks like both types of task halt execution until task completion...  can anyone explain this with a simple real work example ?

Thanks very much for your help,

regards,

Ross

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4186327#4186327