[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Improving speed app with concurrent transactions/hits

sunkishorej2ee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 5 06:50:13 EST 2008

Hi Peter,
             Thanks very much for your reply.....really sorry from me to reply this much late and to you for late response due to unavoidable reasons....
             Frankly speaking regarding your reply about  garbage collection statistics using -verbose:gc or -XX:PrintHeapAtGC with a web application.
             So I tried out the following JVM options and its working little faster without any stoppage in the application/sys(provided no consecutive hits)

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m
set JAVA_OPTS=-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m %JAVA_OPTS%
set JAVA_OPTS= -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled %JAVA_OPTS%

              problem arises when after sometime of concurrent hits system strucks up for a while without knowing for the customer...hope i am clear about my req.....request you if u could provide some suggestions regarding the same.....
              Our system is a client side installable web app with JBOSS 4.2.0GA and MYSql 5.0.45-community-nt....Although client allocates one dedicated server for the entire app, his RAM is gonna be 1GB max.....regarding this i have goine through this following post where u mentioned abt the combination of Jboss and mysql
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=133322

Thanks and Regards
Kishore

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4186983#4186983