[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Problem with JBoss Portal 2.7 HA using NFS deploy-directory

gorefest do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 5 14:54:15 EST 2008

Hi,

JBoss Version : 4.2.3 GA
JBoss Portal : 2.7.0 HA
Operating System : OpenSuSE 11
JDK Version 1.6.0_06

I am facing the problem, that when I am using a central NFS deploy dir mounted to my two cluster members, my second server halts while booting.
After becoming a cluster member, the boot procedure stops and I am facing 100% CPU load by jvm.

Both servers mount the $JBOSS_HOME/server/all/deploy dir from my file server in order to save time when deploying new stuff.

my last log entry is

21:18:43,479 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/portal-wsrp-admin, warUrl=.../deploy/jboss-portal-ha.sar/portal-wsrp.sar/portal-wsrp-admin.war/

the server does not continue several minutes; after I shut down node 1 and node 1 disappearing from the cluster, the server continues starting...

Are there any known problems with using NFS deploy dirs?

Thanks in advance
gore

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4187068#4187068

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4187068