[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - JBoss Tools 2.1.2 Install

stuart_wildcat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 5 17:15:57 EST 2008

I realize that most people are concerned with trying out the nightly builds/etc but some of us are more interested in "stability"...

Is there any "one stop shopping" on what to download to support JBoss Tools 2.1.2?  I'm looking mostly for the "best" WTP "All in one" download to use.

I also have seen mention in a few places (but nowhere EASY TO FIND) about needing to install a custom WTP patch if using WTP 2.0.2.  Is this patch still needed if using WTP 2.0.3?  Is WTP 2.0.3 even advisable to use?

Right now the best list I can come up with (since there is no EASY TO FIND documentation of this) for what should be the best starting place to work with JBoss Tools is:

Eclipse WTP 2.0.2 "All in One" - eclipse-jee-europa-winter-2.0.2-win32.zip
Custom WTP patch - wtp-P-P20080506003122-20080506003122.zip
JBoss Tools 2.1.2 - JBossTools-2.1.2.GA-ALL-win32.zip

If there is a better list of software to start with it would be nice to know.  The absence of mention about the patch unless you dig around in forum posts or old blog entries is probably the biggest issue.

Thanks,
Stuart

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4187119#4187119

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4187119