[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Cache corrupted by 64bit windows member

wjm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 7 14:46:48 EST 2008

"genman" wrote : You're getting an EOF, meaning somebody in your cluster is cutting the connection to your system. It might just be a network connectivity issue. Look at the logs on the other machines (TRACE) and see what's triggering the disconnect, if it indeed is within the cache.

Thanks for the feedback, but I don't think this is the case.    The underlying problem seems related to the way 64bit architecture writes Int and Short to the object stream, causing other cluster members to throw this sort of exception when reading anything written by a windows 64bit member writes.

 I've read that Nio handles this better than ordinary DataInputStream, but I'm not well versed enough to say for sure.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4187816#4187816

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4187816