[jboss-user] Re: Running JBoss AS as a window service with JBossNative: probl

samk at twinix.com samk at twinix.com
Fri Nov 7 17:19:58 EST 2008

See Thread at: http://www.techienuggets.com/Detail?tx=25887 Posted on behalf of a User

If you call service stop from any directory that is not the one it's located on, then it will shutdown the server. The reason is that it doesn't specify a relative path to the shutdown.bat script. As a result, if you're in a different directory, the win32 command shutdown gets called, and this shuts down the server.

The solution to prevent accidentally shutting down the server, is to edit service.bat so that it's a little more explicit when calling shutdown.bat:

change
call shutdown > shutdown.log 2>&1
call .\shutdown.bat > shutdown.log 2>&1

This will prevent the script from politely, but incorrectly, shutting down the server.