[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Comparison to ActiveMQ

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 8 12:27:10 EST 2008

"mkelley" wrote :

  | We don't want to do this. We need to intermix queues (whose listeners MUST receive and process an ordered sequence of messages) and topics (which can be discarded). Even if a topic-only solution was otherwise ok, it would kind of defeat the purpose: having one (or a few) well-known destinations to which all messages could be cc'd, reconfiguring only the broker to filter/route to the right consumers. Using wildcards, we'd wind up spamming all subtopics so that the 'real' topic (say, topic.stock.redhat) and virtual topic (topic.stock) both receive messages.

If you can explain in a bit more detail (with a concrete example) in a JIRA we'll see if we can add this to JBM 2.0.

This is something that has come up before, and would be a nice feature to have.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4187909#4187909

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4187909