[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: threads with task and process with task

salaboy21 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 11 11:16:04 EST 2008

Answers:

anonymous wrote : 1) Can we have multiple process instances in a execution?
yes, of course you can, is the most common situation
anonymous wrote : 2) Can the process instances, can save the state of itself at any time?
you should look the concept of wait states (this is where the process saves automatically), but imagine that the  process can be saved by transaction demarcation any time you want.
anonymous wrote : 3) Can the process instances be started and stopped during the execution?
If you imagine something like pausing the process or wait for an external action, yes you can.
anonymous wrote : 4) Can the process Instances communicate with each other?
This sounds strange, and in my experience is not the most common scenario. But you can have father/child relation ship with the process-state nodes. And there yes, the can comunicate each other.
anonymous wrote : 5) Can i have process instances in different threads and return the status to controlling thread?
hmm... I try to understand why are you asking this.. but.. i think the answer of this question is yes. Because all the process run in diferent threads and then you can query them with the correspondent ID. But you should try to not think the process executions as a thread. Because there is no one to one relationship between this two concepts..

Hope it helps...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4188510#4188510

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4188510