[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - JEE 5 packaging + add jars to ejb modules

gr28 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 12 06:35:37 EST 2008

Hi,

Our environment:
JBoss 4.2.1 with > 30 EJB Modules
Java 5

For specific ejb modules it is required to add certain third party jars. It would be great to pack the libraries into the specific EJB module. The libraries should not be in the global ear/lib directory.

I assumed it would work, by using the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
Adding the Class-Path:

Class-Path:lib/external.jar

So the structure of my ear file would be:

  | ear
  |   - module_1.jar
  |     - lib
  |       - external.jar
  |     - META-INF
  |        - MANIFEST.MF (including the classpath entry)
  |   - module_2.jar

What I found out, that this does not work. The required library (external.jar) is not available in the classpath. Does anybody know a solution for packing the application this way?

br, Georg Raffer

--
http://www.im-consultants.at

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4188747#4188747