[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - cluster performance with many queues

bartvh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 12 09:50:56 EST 2008

As far as I understand, the documentation on clustering always assumes one is clustering to handle more messages over the same number of queues, that is, to scale the number of messages.

My question is if clustering is also helpful when the number of messages per queue remains the same, but the number of queues increases, so to scale the number of queues. Is there some extra overhead per queue when the clustered option is enabled?

In our setup, we have a growing number of clients, where each client has a seperate queue. In order to scale, we are looking at using clustered JBoss Messaging, but we are wandering whether this is really going to help us.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4188813#4188813

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4188813