[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Using EJB 2.x cmp with annotations

msecrist do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 12 13:25:44 EST 2008

I posted earlier some issues I was having with local (in container) vs remote (separate VM) calls.  A common theme seems to be the use of the utility class generated by the xdoclet processing.  Or - it may be something in the way JBoss handles servlet requests as opposed to ejb->ejb requests.  What I've found is that I can have a session EJB invoke an ejbUtil.getHome method on another EJB without problems but invoking the same method from a servlet deployed as part of the EAR package fails.

Actually, a call to getLocalHome() utility method fails with '$Proxy123 cannot be cast to LocalHome.

Calling getLocalHome() utility method fails with '$Proxy123 cannot be cast to org.omg.CORBA.Object'

I'd suspect the utility class except that
1) This works when calling EJB (session) to EJB (entity)
2) This works when calling from a simple Java class running in a separate JVM
3) Fails with the above issue from either a servlet or JSP deployed as part of the overall EAR

Is it possible there is some confusion of classes that is causing this?

Thanks

Mark

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4188882#4188882

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4188882